• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker or not

ebyrd10000

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 8.25 axle and noticed that when i hold the wheel i can't turn the other one could this mean they are welded or are there lockers that act like this.i pulled the plug on the diff and can read something that says trac on it maybe hard to see.Any ideas hate to pull the diff cover...the seller never mentioned anything about a locker....

My 99 still has the factory label stuck to the axle tube near the passenger tire that states "open".

so on a trac lok when i spin one wheel and try and hold the other does it have the feeling of being locked together?
Not really, a locker is a locker & a LSD is different. A LSD may NOT lock up just spinning the tires. If it is worn a bit, prolly not..

Do you have a sticker in glove box about having a LSD rearend?

no nothing..but here is a update i had the nieghbor hold the wheel and one will break free so probably a trac lok...here is the next question they are so hard to spin how do you guys adjust your rear brakes properly?

no nothing..but here is a update i had the nieghbor hold the wheel and one will break free so probably a trac lok...here is the next question they are so hard to spin how do you guys adjust your rear brakes properly?
By feel, but I been doing it for a few years, 25 or so. You could drop rear drive shaft if your unsure, or put it in the big N, The drums will have a big arse ridge on them so slididing them on & off will be a pain unless you get rid of the ridge.

Back