• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want opinions on frame stiffeners....

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
I know this would probably be better in the modified forum but I wanted opinions here because the SoCal board knows better what type of terrian we run.

That being said, I would like to know if I really need stiffeners.

The XJ is my daily driver. I am not going to be doing any hardcore rock crawling. Most of what I do will be just tooling around the desert. I chase for an off-road race team and I am planning on doing a Death Valley trip. Otherwise I am planning on only doing some desert camping and mostly fire road stuff.

I went to a local well known off road shop and they wanted $1000.00 for stiffeners and sliders/tube steps, installed.

I just can't justify spending that much money. I can do all of the work myself. I'm just not sure I can find the time or energy.

Anyway, it's a '98 with a BDS 4.5 lift, 32 11.50 15 BFG all-terrains. I'm still waiting on the SYE and drivesaft and the Detours tailbone system....

Thanks.

Nope, you don't need them.

If you were going to bigger tires and planning to abuse the rig, I would have a different opinion.

My jeeps don't last long enough to support using stiffeners,and it sounds cool to here the sheetmetal move.......SANTA

ahmen

I've got some heavy weight angle I eventually will do some sort of stiffener out of, just gotta find the time.

My jeeps don't last long enough to support using stiffeners,and it sounds cool to here the sheetmetal move.......SANTA

Yes if you don't do any preventative work you will have to do replacement work. :)

Back