• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATV and NWFest?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My rig definetly will not be done before NW fest. So I was wondering if having a quad tagging along would be alright? Ive never met any NWC yet except Scott so I would definetly like to go meet people and take some pics. I was thinking I could probably handle the Moderate run maybe the "Epic" depending on how epic it really is.

I just did my AHA CPR/AED Re-cert and I'm Army combat life saver qualed(from sucking chest wounds to missing limbs) .
I carry Tourniquet's and Israeli bandages.

Just asking, dont wanna pee in anyones Kool-Aid

Two issues I see:

1. You can't ride your ATV from where we camp to the trail. It is not legal for you to be on the road with your ATV, we leave the campground, drive a little ways to the trail, then wheel. You would have to load it in a truck, drop it at the trailhead, etc. Also, depending on WHICH trail we run, we don't end at the same spot you start, and your truck is at the trailhead, remember? hehehe

2. You will be bored. I've been all over Naches in a Jeep, and on a quad. I wouldn't want to tag along on my atv with the Jeeps. The jeeps are doing 2-3 MPH on the trail and I much prefer doing 20-30mph on an ATV. You will either go ahead, wait, go ahead, wait, etc. Or constantly be wishing you were going faster.

Just my $.02.

John

2. You will be bored. I've been all over Naches in a Jeep, and on a quad. I wouldn't want to tag along on my atv with the Jeeps. The jeeps are doing 2-3 MPH on the trail and I much prefer doing 20-30mph on an ATV. You will either go ahead, wait, go ahead, wait, etc. Or constantly be wishing you were going faster.

Yeah I know I've done this before but I figured I could take some good pics. I will only be there thurs-friday anyway. I have a YFZ450 too it either wants to go 50 or not at all =]. The different start/end spots would definetly be a problem.

Come on out and ride shotgun with some of us. I am sure there will be plenty of room in numerous rigs and you end up walking most of the time anyway.

Michael

Back