• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn M8000?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
I know this question has been covered somewhere but i couldnt find exactly what i was looking for.

is the Warn M8000 worth the price? i have a Smittybuilt xrc8 and it crapped out on me so i want to upgrade but i dont have a bunch of money to spend on a winch. the m8000 seems fairly reasonable but i want some opinions and experience from other people who have used this winch.

Yes,
Made in the USA goodness.
I have an XD9000i
I love it!!!

And if anthing dose go out its the relays inside 15 bucks and your good to go
I have 4 I carry with me just cuz.

I use mine all the time and for every thing
Pulling trees down/around. And pulling other ppl out.
I have used mine on me like 2 or 3 times.

You'll see that a lot of people find that the M8000 is a perfect fit for the XJ. They are a great winch. I have yet to use mine, but I know it won't leave me stranded somewhere.

Mine is 12 years old and not a single component has died on it.

Right now they're cheap enough to make it a 'no-brainer' decision over a MM or similar.

i LOVE mine. only problem i had was i blew one "in" solenoid. you can get heavy duty replacements for pretty cheap though. i've used mine a lot and it never had me wishing for more pulling power.

mine is 20 years old replaced 2 solenids one I broke, rebuilt with a good cleaning and greasing, gotta love em.

I've had my M8000 for five years and three Jeeps. Love the low profile of the winch. It sits low inside my Loose Nuts bumper. It doesn't block the radiator at all and doesn't look obtrusive.

The solenoid box is a bit cheesy. It's not well made. I have it mounted under the hood. I plan to get one of those in-cab control switch panels.

IMG_1017.jpg

I know this question has been covered somewhere but i couldnt find exactly what i was looking for.

is the Warn M8000 worth the price? i have a Smittybuilt xrc8 and it crapped out on me so i want to upgrade but i dont have a bunch of money to spend on a winch. the m8000 seems fairly reasonable but i want some opinions and experience from other people who have used this winch.
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your XRC8? How long did it last? I just got an XRC10 (couldn't resist the $400 price tag, free shipping, and 10k lb capacity...)

I put one on my XJ 2 years ago, haven't used it yet. It's a Warn though, so I know it'll be good to go if and when the need arises. Plus, for $500 new and in the original box with a roller fairlead, I couldn't pass it up.

$630 w/free shipping off of Amazon Marketplace right now.

alright thanks guys! that sealed the deal for me! i am going to order one pretty soon.

my xrc8 just all of a sudden died. it still pulls in but wont go out. i might try to fix it by replacing some parts. i have had it for a few months and only used it a hand full of times. im gonna step up to something better

I've got a couple of Warns, and they get used at least 40 or 50 times a year. Hundreds of pulls on each of them. . . The only "complaint" I get is how fast they are!

Last weekend I had a wire yanked out of the plug end of the controller (due to abuse). The guy behind me had a Warn controller I borrowed, and the guy in front took my controller home to rebuild for me. There is a real advantage having the most commonly used winch on the trail (and running with friends).

If someone in Central Texas is looking for a M8000 this week, PM me. We've got a local distributer in Austin who's helping out with prizes for an event and Will cut us a deal on a group buy. . .

Back