• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

v8 coil length

nathan2288

NAXJA Forum User
So maybe someone can help me. picked up a set of gc v8 coils today to level up the front with new rear leafs. put them on and actually dropped about 1/4 inch. the new and old coils are the exact same height side by side. now im wondering if the coils were changed before i bought the jeep or ???. anyone have a pic of v8 coils side by side with the stock cherokee ones? Thanks

wow, thats strange - I currently have those on mine and along with 2" spacers have netted about 3.25" lift - I am swapping them out for some RE's soon but they have actually worked pretty well and would flex good too
l_18d6fc573fe14a058300653f8dc6a38c.jpg

l_d04eb5aed52348819ef2c669c7a48fe9.jpg

YIKES!
l_313d2f3ade5443c68e843e1c2f5c1516.jpg

its not an up country. its a 1998. i was running what i thought were stock coils w/ 2" spacers. just put on pro comp 53111's with a drop bracket and the back was probably 1.5-1.75 inches higher than the front.

thinkin about just sayin f*** it and ordering acos spacers.
i have been running them for a while now and they are sweet. you cant beat the fact that if you put a bumper on the front and it sags some you can readjust it and be done no more getting spacers or new leafs :clap:

The V8 zj coils won’t be any taller than your stock coils when they are both sitting on the garage floor. One way to tell them apart is the v8 zj coils are wound from a thicker wire, giving them a higher spring rate, which is where the lift comes from. So if the windings on the new coils are the same thickness, you got hosed, and if the "v8" coils are thicker, then you suffer from "phantom lift"

Back