• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3"BB opinions

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
searching not coming up with much. built several pre-96 XJ's and have never really wheeled any of them so this time i'm going light.
i just aquired a '97 sport. of course i'm going to lift it, it's what i do. been driving a subaru for the past 2 years and yes, i lifted it. had decided to do a 3.5" when i finished some projects around the house that i am currently in the middle of, but when i picked this girl up i discovered the tires are less than desirable. can't really justify buying a new set when i know i'll lift this girl in a few months so i'm hit with this dilema:
do a 3"BB and buy the 31's
or source some decent used rubbers for the time being.
naturally i want to lift it now and the $70 price tag for the BB is attractive, but what should i expect a 3" spacer and AAL to ride like? the stock suspension still sits very well, even at 196k. TIA

nice writeup! thanks for the link

i seriously watch the forums without thinking about it. and will continue to, but if the ride from that 3"budget build is really that nice, that's what i'll do. making a few calls for some decent used tires to run around town on for the time being. shouldn't take too long to get lift together. thanks

Back