• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator, idler pulley, ac comp, belt tensioner 99+

Oseberg

NAXJA Forum User
so, i jeep collegue is rebuilding his 94 4,0L with the new set up for idler belt like the 99 + models.

Anyone who may post close up pics how the brakets are assembled to the engine?

Are your vehicles with left hand driver or right hand? IIRC, many years ago when I was in Scandanavia, they drove on the left side of the road. I believe the pulleys are different.

If you don't use a 96+ intake manifold it will not line up.

I bought a 99 power steering pump, tensioner bracket, and 99 head.

My 95 pump took a crap on me before I could swap the intakes so I made the 99 tensioner bracket and fit. They do not line up with the threaded holes in the intake but I made a bracket to hold it securely until I am able to swap the intakes, hopefully sometime this summer.

When you line it all up you'll see what I am talking about.

If you don't use a 96+ intake manifold it will not line up.

I bought a 99 power steering pump, tensioner bracket, and 99 head.

My 95 pump took a crap on me before I could swap the intakes so I made the 99 tensioner bracket and fit. They do not line up with the threaded holes in the intake but I made a bracket to hold it securely until I am able to swap the intakes, hopefully sometime this summer.

When you line it all up you'll see what I am talking about.

It is a left handed set up. Intake manifoil is from a 1999/2000

Oh ok, so then your pump and bracket should just mount up fine. There are 3 holes on the intake and then 1 on the block. The bolts go through the pump and through the bracket into the intake, and then the bracket is held to the block with 1 bolt.

Back