• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark condition?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, the original problem on my dad's jeep was solved with a new fuel filter.... but now it's a new problem: got fuel pressure but NO spark! Got a new coil in it and this problem didn't start till the fuel pressure came back. So...... in a 94 manual tranny jeep what controls the spark? It shouldn't be a CPS problem as that causes a crank/no crank and it definately cranks.

CPS will crank and not spark. Take my word for that.
My money is CPS.
Take an ohm meter to it and see if it's shorted out. IIRC it should be around 500 ohms.

87manche said:
CPS will crank and not spark. Take my word for that.
My money is CPS.
Take an ohm meter to it and see if it's shorted out. IIRC it should be around 500 ohms.
OK, gonna do that tomorrow.... any other ideas?

I'd unplug and replug the CPS to see if you can't coax another start out of it.
check the TPS too, if it's shorted or something it can do weird things to the ECU.

87manche said:
I'd unplug and replug the CPS to see if you can't coax another start out of it.
check the TPS too, if it's shorted or something it can do weird things to the ECU.
OH I did try that (just to be on the safe side). I also unplugged the battery for a while as well just to make sure that no sensors or nothing got hung upon as well.

Back