• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go w/late 80's TC?

rc__76

NAXJA Forum User
My rig is a 98 and I need to do the AA SYE (RE 4.5 and about to order .75 spacers for the front to level it out). It is my daily driver so I am thinking of picking up an extra TC and doing it on the bench and then swapping it in when down... limiting down time. Plus it will give me a spare TC.

There is a guy selling a late 80's (he thinks) 231.... but has no other info on it. He is asking $75... I was thinking of possibly offering him $50... but do I really want to do this? I really hate putting older stuff in to my rig (unless it's an upgrade). I believe also there is spline count difference? 21 to 23? Could someone confirm?

JYs near by are offering them with 100-150K miles from 98-01 for $175-$200... should I just go this root?

Why do you think?

Last edited:
You can buy a new chain. My chain wasn't perfect but not stretched out too badly so I reused it. You will need to remove the front yoke for reassembly although you might be able to pull everything apart without removing the front yoke.

Back