• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote Start

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone done a write up on installing a remote start system in an XJ? The local parts store has them on for $30, so I'm thinkin about picking one up.

I think it is a wire to the NSS, a wire to the starter switch, and a hot wire.

I had one on a truck I gave to my MIL, that was flippin handy to have in the winter.

I've got one on my 90 XJ DD, I had it pro installed. Mine is the Viper brand. Works great and it is really nice to have in the winter. Make sure you add a pin switch to the hood, it would suck for that thing to start accidentally while you have your hands in it.

I have started mine several times by accident.

the one I had was viper, you had to push the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to get it to go. Did you have that monster key with like 30 buttons?

the one I had was viper, you had to push the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to get it to go. Did you have that monster key with like 30 buttons?

No mine has; lock-unlock-start-auxiliary all on a mini fob. Looks like a factory remote.

You can add whatever you want to the auxiliary function, lights whatever.

Back