• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Seat belt problems...........

Retep Draw

NAXJA Forum User
My 89's driver side seat belt is having a hell of a time clicking. I don't mind replacing it, but I was just woondering how many other people have this problem and why. Is there a TSB? Does Chrysler replace these as a safety concern?

My '89 had the same problem. I think over time they just wear out. It was like $130 at stealership because the drivers side has the wires for the seat belt warning. And of course eveytime I went to the junk yard every cherokee was missing the driver's side belt. I ended up getting a front passanger side one and it works great and no more annoying buzz when I start the vehicle without my belt on.

I've been through two driver side seat belt clips (the fixed, short end). Was lucky to find both at the JY, even got the right color last time! They are expensive at the dealer, partly because you can't just buy the fixed end...have to buy the entire seat belt! Must be a common issue as I also experienced the same thing at JY's...most Jeeps had the driver's side fixed-end missing (already sold).

I've been through two driver side seat belt clips (the fixed, short end). Was lucky to find both at the JY, even got the right color last time! They are expensive at the dealer, partly because you can't just buy the fixed end...have to buy the entire seat belt! Must be a common issue as I also experienced the same thing at JY's...most Jeeps had the driver's side fixed-end missing (already sold).

Same here. Got lucky both times and found one for less than an arm and a leg. Scored the most recent one for $15, total steal. It's the wrong color though, but I don't care.

Back