• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody that has installed a SYE

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
im gonna be buying one off ebay tomorrow... are they a hard install?! how long should it take?! any special tools?! any wanna lend a hand when i get it?!:D!

Advanced Adapters or PORC. They used to be $200 shipped. I had help installing both. They are almost identical. We installed one in the Jeep and the other out of the Jeep. Out of the Jeep was much easier. I would not try it without someone that knows about it.

Good luck!

242 or 231?
I just did a H&T on me 242, took me 4 hours but I was doing it by myself and I was being paranoid :D

Ive done both a hack and tap and full SYE kit, neither is that bad to do. If your hard on your rig (IE JV cougar buttes etc)get a HD kit if your relatively a social wheeler (cleghorn big bear etc)the hack and tap will serve you well just don't expect miracles to save ya if you start wheeling harder.

My hack and tap install was a PITA the tap broke and it took 3 times as long to remove it as the rest of the install but it worked well. The AA kit I used on the YJ was pretty much as expected but I also did the tera low kit at the same time

Just wondering, how much are you picking it up for? Brand etc? Dan Turner (loose nuts enterprises) is a local vendor who makes SWEET deals on RE stuff. Just an FYI before you go buy ebay.

hey jim, i think im goin Advanced Adapters, they have em for 199 shipped, is that an ok brand?!

I have the Advanced Adapters kit and love it ZERO vibes and runs like a champ good stuff, id buy it again.

Ryan

ok i just bought one from AA just now...!!!!:D

i hope so... now comes the install part once i get it...hope its not too hard, im gonna take the case out cuz i have a bad leak in it anyway...

Just a heads up... there is no such animal as a heavy duty output shaft for a 242. A hack 'n tap works just as well.

Back