• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ shocks for bastard lift

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
Getting the pieces together for a bastard lift to start hopefully this weekend. Doing the ZJ V8 coils with 2" spacers up front with an S10 pack added to the main XJ leaf for about 3-3.5".
Now the reason for this post, and yes I did search:
I have a set of RS9000 shocks for a 4" TJ lift that I would love to use on this XJ lift because, well because I already have them. I remember reading that TJ coils are about 1" shorter lift wise on an XJ but couldn't find anything on these TJ shocks.
Here goes with the vitals:
Front RS99255 collapsed 18" extended 23.25"
Rear RS992556 collapsed 17.25" extended 24"
Any idea if these will work or should I look for a set of JK takeoffs before I start putting the lift on?
I certainly won't hold anyone to any answers. Will be happy with: "no", "maybe, you'll have to see", or (and this is my hope) "yes" or even "probably".
TIA

In order to get the shocks right, you need to install whatever lift your going to install. then measure droop and compression. then buy shocks to fit.if you buy shocks prior to lift and there not correct size, your inexpensive shocks won't be so inexpensive, when you turn around and have to buy the right ones...

After some more searching it looks like these shocks are within 1" of the JKs in all measurements. Think I'll atleast give them a shot.

Yeah, they may not be just right for your application but if they work they work. I ended up having to put my stock shocks(they didnt even have 5k on them) back on my rig after putting in my 8.8 and adding more lift even. Reason being that I put my shock mounts up probably 3-4" further than stock so they arent hanging down. It worked out beautifully though.

Back