• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom front bumpers

jamesxjowner

NAXJA Forum User
so i went to google and was looking at xjs with some sweet bumpers and so know i want to build my own. has anyone built there own and how hard was it to do. i got the steel and welder

Look at the bottom of the thread(page), there are related topics. This has been brought up ALOT. Just do a regular search and you will find dozens and dozens of threads on custom bumpers and designs. And yeas plenty of people have built there own as as far as how hard it is depends on how extravagant you get with it.

I've built several bumpers a full tube car and misc other things out of steel. It's not hard it's hard not to get ahead of yourself! Take time measure double check. Check for level tack in place look at it tack some more look at it again then burn it home. Always remember measure three times cut once.

ok. one day when my dad gets his own tow business im thinking of using my xj for the off road recoverys because it is a jeep lol so i want to go big with it but im not sure if i should cause i bottom out in the front when i hit bumps in the road so idk if that will make the front sit lower

sweet ya i want somethig like that but the bottom boxed with a winch hidden inside of it with a light bar on top
prodDetail.aspx

Back