• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can't figure out whats leaking!!

duke_lover_13

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have a 93 Xj and it has a dana 30 up front and friday afternoon I went threw a little mud hole and I didn't know there was like a 3 foot bank at the end! so I got stuck and 1 of my buds had to pull me out!! Saturday morning I went to go to work and the left front tire had a big puddle around it, it was like a oily muddy mixture i think. But I cant figure out what it is. I checked the diff fluid, motor oil, gear oil, and brake fluid and they are still all full!! do you have any idea of what it could be?? and it is still leaking a little bit today! and here is 2 pics of me stuck!!

garrettjeep5-1.jpg

garrettjeep6.jpg

Yuk, well driver side(left?) has the ps pump/resi, or maybe you filled your unirails with muck and it is slowly leaking out, who knows? take a pic of the puddle or follow it up to where it is coming from.

How big are those pics. After 5 minutes (Dial-up) I gave up.
Pull the axle and swab the tube. Probably got mud in the front axle tube and it's seeping out. Change your front dif fluid as well. and lube the front ujoints too. Mud Sux.

Back