• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chry8.25 Brake Drums

Ty2003K

NAXJA Forum User
Are the chry 8.25 27 spl and 29 spl brake drums the same? Basically can the 27 spl units be used on the 29 spl units and vise versa?

There are no splines in the brake drums. None of my XJs have an 8.35, but the important points are the ID and width of the drum. All of them are 5 on 4.5".

There are no splines in the brake drums. None of my XJs have an 8.35, but the important points are the ID and width of the drum. All of them are 5 on 4.5".

He didn't mean the drums had splines. reread and you will see that. The 8.25 has a 27 spline and a 29 spline option. And it would be a good trick if you had a 8.35.
But as far as I know the drums are the same.

note: just checked work- they are the same

What he said.

If you go to the local parts store and tell them you want anything for the rear brakes on an XJ (then when they look at you funny you remember to say Cherokee) they will give you two size options, one for the 8.25 and one for the D35.

I gotta throw a question in. I swapped my Dana 35 for a 8.25 but used the drums & hardware from the old D35. Are the drums from the D35 and 8.25 the same size or are the 8.25 bigger?

Back