• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar links in Rough Country lift

drock007

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I have a 98 with a 4.5" RC lift. After installing, the drivers side link at the top is rubbing on the trackbar mount. I noticed the links are bent in the middle. Looking at the pass side there is about 2" of room. I do have a set of quick dissconnects that are straight, do you think this would solve my problem?
Thanks

So I changed the links to the quick disconnects and noticed that the nut side was facing the mount and rubbing so I turned it the other way. Also, the swaybar slide side to side quite easily. Is that normal?
Thanks

yeah when i put my rc lift on, i put the upper bolt so that the nut was on the inside and it rubbed my trackbar too. just turn it around
if your swaybar slides back and forth in the mounts easily i would say you need new ones, mine slide with some force and they are brand new

So I changed the links to the quick disconnects and noticed that the nut side was facing the mount and rubbing so I turned it the other way. Also, the swaybar slide side to side quite easily. Is that normal?
Thanks

Try and tighten that swaybar up if you can. Did you get an adjustable track bar with you kit? That is a must have with any lift over 2 inches.

No adjustable trackbar yet. Have been looking around. Is any one better than others?
Thanks for the replies.

you need to center the front axle or the swaybar links will be pulled towards the trackbar bracket.

the best trackbar is a heavy duty trackbar that mounts in double shear. a TRE trackbar is not the best setup but will work. i have a TRE trackbar with 4.5" of lift and i am looking forward to getting a HD trackbar with mount. im looking at getting the RE HD with mount or the IRO HD trackbar with mount.

89xj is on the right path with this, I personally have ran both types of TB and the TRE trackbar wore out ends periodically, I upgraded to the TNT HD TB that is double sheer and have not looked back. Def worth the extra $

Back