• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuilt T-case now Speedo probs

mnaemark

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished rebuilding my transfer case due to bearings making noise. Put it back in the truck. 1987 4.0 AW4. reinstalled the speedo gear and attached the cable. Now i have no speedometer. I can spin the cable and get a reading on the speedometer on the dash. So im assuming i have the gear in wrong. Is there a way which the gear and housing need to be aligned with the transfer case? I have read about the electrical version but im full mechanical with this 87. Having trouble finding any information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

You clock the housing depending on the size of gear.

Just clock to the correct location,then it will work ..

Nick

very true, mine took some cleaning due to 19 years of grime buildup. and if you have an aftermarket tail housing the dot on the number should go straight down.

This tail housing is stock with the stock speedo gear. I will clock it according to the gear number ect. Ill let yall know how it works out.

Thanks
Mike

Yep worked great thanks. Just had trouble finding the marker on the T-case. was in a spot where u cannot see it, at least when the case is in the car.

Thanks a ton
-Mike

Back