• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with tires size

rockcrusher

NAXJA Forum User
I know that this is already on here some where but every way i try to search ot it turns up nothing. Whith that said....
i have a 4.5 lift and i know that i can run 32x11.5 can you run 33s with out triming im not really in to rock crawling just driving around in the mud and creeks .
Any help would be great. The reason im asking is i saw a 4.5 lift with 31s and there is just way to much room in the fender for me, and that to me means bigger tires lol
thanks.

I know that this is already on here some where but every way i try to search ot it turns up nothing. Whith that said....
i have a 4.5 lift and i know that i can run 32x11.5 can you run 33s with out triming im not really in to rock crawling just driving around in the mud and creeks .
Any help would be great. The reason im asking is i saw a 4.5 lift with 31s and there is just way to much room in the fender for me, and that to me means bigger tires lol
thanks.

you should be able to run them but you may have to trim. If you have access to a set of 33's throw them on and fles it to see where you need to trim. You may be able to get away with bumpstopping it now that I think of it.

i have acess to 33x12.5x15 but i dont have a 15 inch rim im running 16s right now
where is the best place to get the bumpstops and how much ?price and sizr

Hockey pucks, like 5 bucks. 2 or 3 per side sould do it. Also you can use some metal clipers and trim the bottom inside of the flares without having to take them off and you can't see any difference

I have a 4.5" RC lift and my 33x12.50 tires rub. Need to trim about an inch fromt he bumper ends and about a half an inch of the back of the front fender. Back is fine.

i would trim even with the bump stops it may still rub some. you may also want to adjust the steering stops

My friend runs 32s with no trimming and a 4.5" RE kit. He rubs up front on occasion. Get the right backspacing on your wheels, I'm close to 5.5" on 33s and extensive trimming and my tires don't touch the body at all, but do hit the suspension when I turn too sharp.

Back spacing, bumpstops, +/- '97 and wheel width are key factors with 33's on 4.5" lift.

You can go crazy with bumpstops, loose all travel and not rub on your flares.
16" rim, are you running a Rubicon rim? The JK axcels are wider and thus the rims are designed with more backspacing (5" instead of the standard 3.75") A 33X12" on a Rubicon Moab rim will rub on your shocks and LCA such that you will loose a bit of your steering radius. Not to bad, but having just got my steering back, I am loving it.

+/- 97 matters in that the fender flare design changed to a bracket 97+... these pop off if you rub on them to much.

Good luck,

Cole

my xj is a 89 and im thinking of running 15s right now im running 16s off police car lol they where free and so where the tires the tires are just to narrow to me the are 235/85/16 goodyear wrangler with silent armo. i just trimmed the center of the wheel out so they would fit over the hub

I have the RE 4.5" lift and rubbed quite a bit while turning with 32s. I then got the bushwacker flares and can now run 33s with no problem.

Hate to hijack a thread but does has anyone installed 2dr B/W on a four door? I am aware that the rear flare would need to be cut to work. Reason I am asking is my old 2dr finally bit the cookie and now I have started building up my 98 4dr and would hate to have to buy new flares.

Back