• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Issues

davescott

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '97. Has anyone seen both the oil pressure and coolant temp gauges give strange readings at the same time? It seems to be a problem inside the gauge cluster. They're both on the right side. The funny readings seem to be random and everything's running ok, but it's rather scary.

I have seen some weird issues with mine on occassion, but the oil pressure thing I haven't seen in a while. It's not really possibly to clean the contacts on the gauge cluster, because its all pins. I have a '97 country, about the only way you could do that is to pull out the cluster and plug it back in a few times. I haven't seen it in mine since I did that. It did nearly scare the crap out of me one day when I pulled up to a light and the pressure gauge went next to zero. A half mile down the road it came back up to 40-50, so I decided to change my oil and try not to think about it.

JTwthaXJ said:
I have seen some weird issues with mine on occassion, but the oil pressure thing I haven't seen in a while. It's not really possibly to clean the contacts on the gauge cluster, because its all pins. I have a '97 country, about the only way you could do that is to pull out the cluster and plug it back in a few times. I haven't seen it in mine since I did that. It did nearly scare the crap out of me one day when I pulled up to a light and the pressure gauge went next to zero. A half mile down the road it came back up to 40-50, so I decided to change my oil and try not to think about it.
Maybe your oil pressure sending unit is on its way out.

Back