• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk Yard shopping list questions...

nochance9

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, so i'm about to do a zj rear disk and wj booster/mc/prop valve on mu 89. I went to the jy today to see if there wasany donors ad nd i got lucky. :) One zj with rear brakes, one wj with booster mc and prop valve, and even a kj that i was able to get an ebrake cable off (the other one was no good :( ) But also there was a 97+ xj that was a new arival and wasn't picked to peices yet. So my first question is anything else i should grab off the zj or wj? Then also i was wondering if i could grab the head intake and fuel rail off the xj and replace my old renix 89.... Also i'd like to grab the computer out of it so it'll be OBD2 and maybe some of the wiring... Any help with this would be great cause i know this jy pretty well and xj's get stripped in a few weeks of showing up. So i need to act fast.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sorry i have no idea why this got posted twice... POST ON THIS ONE NOT THE OTHER...

to grab from wj:

power steering pump + cooler
outer knuckles, front brakes, tie rod ends
trans cooler
booster/mc

to grab from zj:
prop valve
select front drive shafts
pitman arm (1" drop pitman for us)
trans cooler
booster/mc
overhead consol
auto shift lever handle (just the plastic pieces)
if V8- tie rod
alternator

from 97+
power steering bracket (for use with WJ ps pump)
99+ intake
8.25 rear end
side rear view mirrors
center consol
aux fan
rear sound bar
overhead consol
booster/mc

theres more on each but i just cant think of it off hand

You'd need to take the entire wiring harness to make the computer work. To make the intake work without swapping wire harnesses the TPS would need to be adapted, but you get to sell the injectors.

from 97+

rear sound bar

No can do. '97+ are integrated into the full headliner. '91-'96 have the separate speaker sound bar.

:thumbup:

Some 97s still have the separate sound bar. My door sticker says build date of 4/97, and has the older dome/cargo lights and headliner/soundbar. Rear springs say 0797, although that may not be a date stamp. But, regardless, it will not have the newer style intake unless the PO swapped it. Might still have the separate soundbar.

Could i use the entire headliner out of the 97+? Cause mine is very droopy... :/

Back