• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpers!!! Need some wisdom.

LazersGoPEWPEW

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been thinking about some ideas for bumpers on my Jeep. I drive an 01 XJ Sport that I've been slowly turning into a Classic by way of replacing parts etc etc.

Anyways I'd like to put an ARB Bullbar bumper up front. Seems like a solid bumper and has a good look that I like.

The big question is what to put on the rear. The bumper I currently have has a dent in it from the previous owner. Soooo what I have considered is buying an aftermarket bumper or buying a stock bumper and painting along with some paintable endcaps to complete the classic look. I'm not really sure what is the most capable or what I really need.

Never wheeled a lot but am looking to turn my XJ into a capable vehicle on order of a backcountry vehicle that I want to take camping.

Not extremely interested in mudding or crawling but want to be able to tackle tough terrain when needed in my adventures to wherever. Anyways if anyone has solid suggestions backed up by what I really need that'd be great. I don't want a tire carrier for my bumper. Not a fan of those for the XJ. A built in receiver that could be used for towing might be a plus although I'm not sure if that's practical usage for a bumper.

Thanks.
hasta

i really like detours' rear bumper with and without the tire carrier. it protects the rear lower portion of the quarter, and actually looks like it was design for a cherokee. c-roks is also like that.

thats my .02

try the search tool next time. theres lots and lotts of posts on this subject. that may be why you have the beaten-dead horse on there.

i really like detours' rear bumper with and without the tire carrier. it protects the rear lower portion of the quarter, and actually looks like it was design for a cherokee. c-roks is also like that.

thats my .02

try the search tool next time. theres lots and lotts of posts on this subject. that may be why you have the beaten-dead horse on there.

I put the dead horse being beaten... :D

Mainly I'm trying to decide whether to go with aftermarket or put a new stock cherokee bumper back on with painted end caps.

If you don't want a tire carrier, I think Rigidco and Crok make the best looking rear bumpers.

Also, do a search for front bumpers. There are plenty out there better built, better looking, and cheaper than ARB.

Back