• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re 4.5" leafs, main leaf replacement?

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
I have some old tired RE 1462 leaf packs. The main leaf on the driverside has gone flat. I had them re arched awhile back and they did OK with that, the rest of the packs seem to be just fine. So since the jeep is on the backburner since I am trying to get my barracuda back on the road I have a question. Instead of getting new springs Will any of the bastard pack main leafs from a Dakota, S10, Dodge van etc work well for a replacement main leaf? The rest of the springs are good but the one main is junk. I could stand to lose a little lift in the rear as its pretty stiff anyways. Thanks for any info!

Clark

I didn't think the main leaf does much, as far as holding weight. Also, I don't see how the main leaf can be sagging but the other leaves are OK? How can you tell that?

I'd just throw another leaf on that side and go on. The way we use our rigs springs can sometimes weaken, it just happens. I have one more leaf on the pass side than on the driver side, you won't know the difference other than it working.

That has crossed my mind as well as I have parts of another 1462 pack I got.

The way I can tell its flat is its well....flat :). Taking the leaf pack apart it stays almost completly flat and doesn't get any arch into until you add the other springs. Thanks for the reply.

Back