• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EXCLUSIVE 2 door cupholder install

tusk762

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of cupholder/door pockets from JIMMYDAUX to test fit on my 2 door non power window xj,i think they turned out fine,heres a couple of photo's,next up,some new armrest

HPIM1638.jpg

HPIM1637.jpg

how about a photo of it with the door closed.

i want to see if i can fit my massive forearms between my legs and door as i reach for a drink.:spin1:

how about a photo of it with the door closed.

i want to see if i can fit my massive forearms between my legs and door as i reach for a drink.:spin1:

I know they grow em big in Nebraska,but i'm 5'11 280 lbs and i can get my arm all the way to the back of the pocket and have no problem,but yeah i'll see if i can get a pic of the door closed with my fat ass sitting in there modeling:laugh:

I know they grow em big in Nebraska,but i'm 5'11 280 lbs and i can get my arm all the way to the back of the pocket and have no problem,but yeah i'll see if i can get a pic of the door closed with my fat ass sitting in there modeling:laugh:

sweet:laugh:

I'm VERY happy with the door pockets i bough, i just don't like scraping my leg on them when you try to get in quickly.

This is why I buy drinks with screw on lids...this looks like a good idea but no thanks. Oh, and both my XJ's are Laredo 4 doors with the hard pockets at the bottom of the door.

I will try to keep it short so as to not hijack too much, and if anyone has specific questions feel free to PM me.

I simply took the console arm rest off, drilled two holes (using a bit normally used to drill door knob holes),
-found two coffee/travel mug lids,
cut out the center section of the lids with a dremel leaving a ring with a lip,

took out a little more material from the armrest with the dremel to make a snug fit for the rings, added a small amount of gorilla glue to the rings, pushed them in and let them dry.

Thats it- couldn't be more simple.
(BTW, the seats are from a 94 Grand, not a casket.) :laugh:

Back