• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want to order OME 2 Inch Lift

if your dead set on OME, I would go to the 3 inch kit. 4x4groupbuy.com has them. otherwise, you may want to look into the new RC 3 inch or the RE 3.5 (cheaper than OME and comes with free monotubes on their site...4x4groupbuy, that is).

Last edited:
Thanks I'll check with Dirk. I am set on OME and 2 inches.
I have a set of their coils and can't wait to get them on after I get a new track bar! Then I am switching over to OME packs for the rear and nitrochargers all around.

Gregg the first lift I had on my Cherokee was the OME 2". Loved it. Matter o' fact the rear spring pack I'm currently running is a basterdized OME pack. It will be good for your application.

Just ordered my OME 3" from DPG... looks like some of the Emu parts are on backorder for 2 weeks. I figure that it'll take me that long to get my ducks in a row to throw this thing under my Jeep anyway

I think I got the "ultimate" pack... about $1100. Thank you tax refund that I've been holding onto forever.

I know the ride is gonna be great; I'm looking forward to replacing my 5+ YO rough country AAL+ block setup :dunce:

Wish me luck!

I have the 2 inch OME lift kit on my XJ and I am very pleased with it. I'm sure you will be too. The ride is great, just like factory in my opinion.

I have heard/read many good things about Dirk at DPG and OME.

No thread hijack intended here but anyone try the 4 inch OME/DPG hybrid lift?

Old Man Emu kits are okay. But just that. Overpriced and too "Short" to do the job. IMHO.

Last edited:
I got my OME 2" kit in 2000.
8 years 120,000 miles later... no sagging springs, shocks still going strong.
I recently boosted the lift with longer shackles (I'm at 2.5" lift) and coil spacers to fit 33" tires... at any rate, I'm still running the springs, and only changed the shocks because I needed longer units.
For new longer shocks I went with... OME.
There is way more to a lifted rig than the inches lifted.

Last edited:
Old Man Emu kits are okay. But just that. Overpriced and too "Short" to do the job. IMHO.

I intend on Keeping my XJ short and It looks like he does too. My Jeep goes almost everywhere on no lift and 235's it will soon be sitting around 2.5 on 31's and thats good for me!

You are telling me Indiana has no mud. With my lift and tires I was hung up and spinning this past weekend. I guess you only go out during a drought. I do not mean to be sarcastic, however, if it is to be used in most offroad conditions there in Indiana you would have to wait for summer to do anything offroad.

lol, I see little mud in the So Cal desert! I'm fairly new at this XJ thing but lift keeps the body from banging on stuff but clearance is really the distance from the ground to the dif case, am I wrong? That only increases with bigger tires which then require regearing, and causes center of gravity issues. I don't do radical rock crawling although I really enjoy watching others break parts and have fun. For my purposes 31 x 10.5 is going to be more than adequate. I'm currently running 30 x 9.5 at stock height with good results. My biggest choice is between 2 inches or 3 at this point and I am leaning toward 2.

lol, I see little mud in the So Cal desert! I'm fairly new at this XJ thing but lift keeps the body from banging on stuff but clearance is really the distance from the ground to the dif case, am I wrong? That only increases with bigger tires which then require regearing, and causes center of gravity issues. I don't do radical rock crawling although I really enjoy watching others break parts and have fun. For my purposes 31 x 10.5 is going to be more than adequate. I'm currently running 30 x 9.5 at stock height with good results. My biggest choice is between 2 inches or 3 at this point and I am leaning toward 2.

When it comes to differential clearance, the tire size is the issue. Surely larger tries may require gear changes. With 3.55s 31s will be great for economy but terrible for get up and go. If you do not mind slow get offs then 31s are okay. Even so with 31s and a 2" lift you may have rubbing and bottoming out issues.

I got my OME 2" kit in 2000.
8 years 120,000 miles later... no sagging springs, shocks still going strong.
I recently boosted the lift with longer shackles (I'm at 2.5" lift) and coil spacers to fit 33" tires... at any rate, I'm still running the springs, and only changed the shocks because I needed longer units.
For new longer shocks I went with... OME.
There is way more to a lifted rig than the inches lifted.

What shackles did you use to get that added 0.5"? The MJ boomerangs?

You can put your tire over something which also lifts the axle. That's one of the benefits of solid vs independent

Back