• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First run on the new MTR's

saki669

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to Blazair's constant bargain hunting I picked up a set of 35" Kevlar MTR's for a steal! I'm impressed so far. Nice highway ride and grippy on the rocks.
John Bull has had some work done on it lately. It's a bit tougher than I remember from last time. Fun run.

Poser Pic:
john_bull_may_09.jpg

I was interested to hear some feed back on those. Glad to hear they are working good for you.
Wonder if the side wall strength has been increased over the old style?

I was interested to hear some feed back on those. Glad to hear they are working good for you.
Wonder if the side wall strength has been increased over the old style?

The sidewalls are 2 plies of rubber stuff and 1 ply of Kevlar. I never had a problem with the old sidewalls. They took a good beating.

BaRiedo,
Here's a video that desertracer took at the same exact spot as the picture above. This was on ice with my old MTR's. I guess he stole the soundtrack, so YouTube disabled the sound.Bummer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PdrJOjfOs&feature=related

The sidewalls are 2 plies of rubber stuff and 1 ply of Kevlar. I never had a problem with the old sidewalls. They took a good beating.

Good, sounds like they've made some improvements then.

Maybe Cal and i were just unlucky ones, but i think between the 2 of us, we tore about 10 sidewalls....maybe more!?!

I was there for 3 of Cal's

OK, I guess I don't pay enough attention. What are Kevlar MTRs? The tread pattern looks funky. Are these DOT approved or race only? Also, what trail is this?

kthnxbye

The tread pattern looks funky.
Its not so much the funky tread pattern as it is the ghetto yellow XJ they are on. bwahahahahahahahaha!

Are they directional, or is the tread supposed to be oppisite from side to side?

I'm not seeing things right?

You can't tell in the pic but he's got matching yellow spinners on that pile of crap. The only thing worth a squat on that wreck are the tires. God this guy is lame. Who's with me(blazair, thats your cue)?

The best thing about ol'Yeller is the front R&P setup...and its got yellow paint on it too!
....and now back to you desertracer.

Ive heard of these but the pics have me a little more interested now.

Mike those are the new Goodyear MTR
They discontinued the old style
Yes they are street tires and yes the tread pattern looks goofy
That's why when my Goodyear MTRs wore out I switched back to good old BFG ATs

WTF? When did this happen? The pattern looks totally ghey and not very aggressive. And what happens when I get a flat with my discount tire warranties?

Just yesterday I saw a toyota with the new BFG M/T KM2's.I was thinking how bad arse they looked compared to an MTR (the OLD style even). They look like a Krawler. Might have to look into those if the time ever comes.

Back