• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep died

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
i started it the other day.and then it stalledand after it stalled i heard clicking noise from under hood so i turn key off and then turn back on and no clicking so i start it and it is idling low and sputtering on acceleration and back firing when i let off gas. and then today start it dies i hear clicking again and then wont start just t8urns over and over pls help guys this PITA is my DD :repair:

ok well found out when it died the spark plug wire going from coil to dizzy was not on tight just sitting there but it still didnt help to reinstall it any thoughts

Maybe now you fouled out the spark plugs by cranking a lot without starting. Take the plugs out clean them with spray start if they are wet. If they are old or the gap is over 0.045", put new ones in. Should be 0.035"gap.

If you don't want to do this, you might try disconnecting the fuel injectors and cranking with the throttle down to the floor. It might clear out the plugs.

Back