• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window and Lock Swap

x1995j

NAXJA Forum User
My 95 XJ has a hug dent in the door. I was at the junkyard and found a matching color XJ. I plan on swapping the junkyard door with my old door. The problem is that my original door has a power window and power lock. The new door has a manual window and a manual lock.

Would it be easier to take off the old door, intall the junkyard door, and then swap the power window and lock?

OR

Would it be easier to do the swap while both doors are off?

My final question is, does anyone know where I can find a write-up on how to convert a manual door into automatic?

Cheers

do the swap while the doors are off, especially if you can set up some sawbucks or something to hold the doors up and make it easier.

I just converted my comanche to power windows. It was easy. All the holes are there already. I took out the window wipes, and the gull window to make it easier to get the regulator in and out. Depending in the year you will need hardware. I swiped all the bolts from the junkyard for one side, but the other side was gone (mine were riveted). The bolt size for a 1996 reg is m6-1.0. It des help to remove the support piece in the bottom, and I also took the window off track and laid it against the outer skin of the door.

as far as power locks go, I don't know, I have not converted my truck to those yet. I will get around to that one when I un install the viper alarm and remote start from the parts cherokee to put in mine, but for now I generally just dont lock the doors anyway.

Back