• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more used engines in Ca?????

5150xj

NAXJA Member # 1215
So my friend was at ecology yesterday and they asked him to sign a petition on his way in. Apparently the state is going to try and ban the selling and installing of used and rebuilt engines. Anybody know about this?

Tim D.

Google cant find anything on it (I tried 15 or so different searches).

I would think if Ecology knew about it, it would be on the web.

There may have been something more specific to it that effected a parts yard but not the public?

signed the petition last weekend at pick a part for the same thing. Calif law makers are trying to pass something where it will not be legal to buy used engines and transmissions in the future.. they are trying to be like Japan and take cars off the road after a certain time and mileage period.. We can thank Arnie and the dems for this one...

Seems almost counter productive with many of us trying to save money by
keeping our old cars.

Someone find more information on this. Who is sponsoring the bill etc. etc.

If this is true it is merely another example of government overreach into our lives. This would put en entire industry out of business. I hope they see the light and don't succeed at this.

This was tried once before by a senator Danford or Danforth :dunno: and was refered to as the "clunker bill" in that any vehicle over 20 yrs old (regardless of it's condition) had to be scrapped! They (the govt) then, would then give you if, I remember correctly, something like a $2000 credit towards the purchase of a new vehicle. It was supposed to get old, beat up, polluting "clunkers" off the road for the "good of the enviorment" (personally I believe he was in bed with the auto mfgs)........sound familiar to the new regime's agenda? Anyway, that didn't pass but, then again, Obama wasn't the president! So, If you come across this petition (or if anybody knows of an online petition we could "sign") please sign it! This could be serious!-----------Hans

This was tried once before by a senator Danford or Danforth :dunno: and was refered to as the "clunker bill" in that any vehicle over 20 yrs old (regardless of it's condition) had to be scrapped! They (the govt) then, would then give you if, I remember correctly, something like a $2000 credit towards the purchase of a new vehicle. It was supposed to get old, beat up, polluting "clunkers" off the road for the "good of the enviorment" (personally I believe he was in bed with the auto mfgs)........sound familiar to the new regime's agenda? Anyway, that didn't pass but, then again, Obama wasn't the president! So, If you come across this petition (or if anybody knows of an online petition we could "sign") please sign it! This could be serious!-----------Hans

this reminds me of that movie ""robots". they didnt want to make old parts for the old robots so they had to buy new expensive shit and let the old robots die if they couldnt afford the new stuff. ha!

I read another article in the paper recently, Congress is considerering a bill pretty much exactly as your are describing...

http://www.dailybulletin.com/search...h-www.dailybulletin.com-www.dailybulletin.com

That is nothing like not allowing us to buy used engines though....

There won't be any funds to go though a program like this for many many many many many many many years to come. We spent it all on this stimulus package!

Just fire up the printing presses again, it obviously has no effect on inflation.

Back