• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes the best AAL?

93gc40

NAXJA Forum User
I know AAL is not the best way to do a lift.!!!1 But they are cheap. I will do full leaf packs in the future. Goal is 1.5" or more. Who's 2"-3" full length leaf is best?

The packs in mine are B-packs. Dont know donor but there are two equal length leafs added to each side, they are under the second leaf, they are thicker than stock and an 1/8" wider, and very stiff, and give 1.75" lift. Thinking if I go to a single leaf AAL, I can get softer ride and maybe a little more lift out of them.

i netted 5" on my basterd pack, and it settled at 3.5"

I used a RC AAL, and the longest XJ leaf (below the top one) Its a little soft but with the shocks i have it equals out to a decent ride

Rubicon Express.

I see no practical difference between a bastard leaf and a full length AAL.

Maybe I should have qualified that statement a bit.

I see no practical difference between a bastard leaf and a full length AAL.......
.......with a suitable donor vehicle for your bastard pack.

S-10 and Ranger leaf springs are similar in weight, width, arch, and spring capacity and make great B-packs or single leaf AAL donors. If you current leaves are from a full-size truck or HD suspension they may not give good results on a lightweight XJ.

I had an RE 2.5" Full Length AAL and it worked well, didn't sag, and rode nicely on pavement.

Back