• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bug Deflector Install Question

x1995j

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a new Lund X-Terminator bug deflector for my 95 XJ. Unfortunately the instructions which came with it seem useless. Has anyone installed one of these before? I was wondering if I have to remove the grille to install it, or if it is a more complicated process?

Thanks

All of the bug directors I've seen mount on the front lip of the hood, so you shouldnt have to remove anything. Yes I typed director on purpose, had 1 on my ZJ, got more bugs withit than without.

I have heard both positive and negative about what it does with bugs. Im going to try it out anyways. I do a lot of highway driving and the bugs are painting my windsheild with their guts.

I took the grille and headlight doors off of my XJ today and the bug deflector had no where to bolt onto. Therefore I think that the guy at the parts store may have sold me the wrong deflector. Or it is possibly for the 97+ XJs.

I just looked up the part number of the bug deflector and it is for a ZJ. Now it makes sense why something so simple would seem so difficult.

Last edited:
Back