• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel pattern choices

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the situation, 2001 XJ HP30 front, 8.8 rear on 33's. Both 5 on 4.5. I'm thinking about buying some allied bead locks and stepping up tp 35-37" tires. Yes I will be reagearing now (4.88) and replacing the 30 with a spidertrax 9" when it goes.

My question is:

Is there any reason NOT to keep the 5on4.5 pattern?? Is there more strength to 5on5.5? If so why?

The rear is 5on4.5 and if I buy beadlocks I only want to buy them once. Then when I toast the 30 and replace it I'll just order the axles with the 5on4.5 pattern. It would also cost more to go to 5.5 due to me having to buy new axles for the 8.8 in the 5.5 pattern.

Prob smarter to say screw it and only regear the rear to 5.13's and just start working on swapping the front out now???

The only way to replace your front axle with 5x4.5 is to buy a currie 309, 9'' with 30 outers, or tyo get a rubicon housing.

The other option is getting alloys made for the 8.8 and putting dual bolt pattern on them. 5x4.5 and 5x5.5

If you were to order a new housing and axles I'm asuming you could get whatever you wanted however I haven't checked into it. Looks like I better do some checking.

Back