• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help with Bilstein shocks

RRed Kirill

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I've got a chance to get a set of Bilstein 7100 shocks very cheep. Is anyone have any experience with them? I'm mostly interested in the amount of travel etc.
\Thanks
Kirill
Moscow, Russia

You need to know size first...but...the 7100 series is the shock to use. Totally rebuildable and modifiable. You can change damping stacks to get the ride you are looking for. Although it takes a nitrogen bottle to charge them...its worth it...
Once again....just another opinion here!

Thanks. The size fits. I've 6,5 " of lift which sug about an " in over two years. What i mean, i don't race - it's mostly mud and swamps here and some crawling. I was just worring about getting a set of race shocks instead.

The part about them being race shocks is in how you have them valved. The cool thing about the 7100's is that you can pull them apart and rebuild/ revalve them yourself until you like it. That is, if they don't perform the way you want them to. My 9100's are valved 280/74 and I was going to go with the same valving in the 7100's until I upgraded to the big dad's. You can go to eshocks.com and get all the different specs on the 7100's.

Sean

Back