• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a bolt size for an AW4 tranny mount

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know offhand what the size of the bolt that goes through the tranny mount up into the tranny on an AW4 Renix era? I looked under today after having removed the skid and one of the bolts is gone. I was hoping to pick one up without having to pull the remaining bolt and taking it for a match.

5-90's website lists an M12-1.75 stud, but my vehicle has a fairly short bolt into the tranny. IIRC it was roughly 1/2" coarse, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I am thinking now, there are 2 bolts that hold the cross tray to the tranny mount, then others that hold the tranny to the tranny mount. THe 12mm-1.75 was the cross tray to tranny mount, which were the ones I was missing.

My experience also says the Renix jeep uses almost all metric bolts.

The AW4 being a Japanese slushbox, it stands to reason that it would ISO screws. I know the mount-to-crossmember studs take an M8-1.25 nut, and the M12-1.75 screw sounds about right for the larger ones. 2" comes out to right around 50m/m.

Bear in mind the chart being referenced is generated largely by user input - meaning, if you don't see it up there and you find out what it is, do please let me know about it so I can add it! If I don't find out, I can't add it to the listing.

And don't hold yourself to XJ/MJ stuff - any Jeep'll do for adding to the list! I'm just trying to gather as much as possible in one place as I can...

Oh - note that Geocities is going to shut down sometime later this year. I'll be transferring the site to Yahoo! hosting, and may even get a domain name (finally...)

Back