• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4 Replacment pics...

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have permission to post in the paint and body forum.. so here goes.. My dad does awesome work

87JeepCherokeeProject001.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject003.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject004.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject005.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject006.jpg

The reason for these notches is that this portion was bowed out. Our replacement 1/4 panel came from my parts 4 dr jeep. So the1/4 we were welding in wasn't long enough to patch this bowed out section. He cut these notches then welded them up, which drew the metal back together.

87JeepCherokeeProject007.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject009.jpg

87JeepCherokeeProject008.jpg

I'll have some pics up soon of the completed paint job. It turned out great, straight as an arrow.

Here is what we started with:

IMG_0214.jpg

Nice job does he do that for a job? Moving to OEM.

Thats a damn good job.

that thing looks awesome now.. Great work.

Here is another before pic.. the drivers door was in bad shape.. it has a pizza sized dent it in.. we also deleted the gay sail type mirrors.. The top was in REALLY bad shape. It was full of holes and a big sag from having a police style light bar, along with two CB antenna's. It also had hail damage all over.. I really cheaped out on the paint and used a single stay urethane that cost $70 for everything you need. It sprayed real thick and didn't lay down that well. Some color sanding/buffing will slick it up.

IMG_0216.jpg

I actually used a angle grinder with a cut off wheel to make the cuts. The notches served as a "relief" your basically shortening the panel, then pulling it in with weld.. and beating it with a hammer (he doesn't own a shrinking hammer).. heh.

Last edited:
Back