• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am not a mechanic I am a parts replacer!

uscgjeep1277

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 92 cherokee sport 4.0 4x4. I have searched these forums up and down and have found similar problems to mine but not to the T. Frequently while ideling or driving at normal speeds my truck will just die, sometimes kicking back on (starting back up) while driving. The problems seem to be getting worse. It has been doing this over the course of about two years and like I said getting to where it does it everyday. I have replaced the tps, fuel pump, cps and checked the fuel filter which is just fine (hardly any restriction). Next I was thinking of the air idle controller but I really not sure what this does. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Believe it or not, figuring out what is wrong is easier than replacing parts. You are doing the hard part before you do the easy part. Also, you are replacing parts that are working with parts of unknown quality. It sounds to me like you need to disassemble you main electircal connections at your battery and ground points, clean them, and reassemble them. IAC won't make it die while driving. Then I would unplug and replug (2 or 3 times) the main connections like to the PCM to make sure they are making clean contact.

Back