• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Time Electric Windows.

I added mine in and wired them using a take off from the fuse panel. Wne I finalize the install when I get a chance they will be wired hot so I can run out to the car and shut them in a rainstorm without having to have the keys

do your power windows come down from the top?

Only when rolled over. LOL!

Seriously, bad idea. If you do this mod, please take responsibility for it and remove it when you get rid of the vehicle, even if it goes to a salvage yard.

I've done this mod.

I have read a lot of caution about it, principally for child safety. Nice idea, but it covers up the real problem - a responsible adult not being there to supervise them.

Please tell me when it's ok to let your children play unsupervised in any motor vehicle for whatever reason. And that those who do always place the parking brake on their manual trans vehicle? That children climbing on a dew covered roof are ok? Etc, etc.

I for one don't want small children hurt ever - but allowing them to play in my car is the first mistake in the chain. I don't allow it, period, for whatever reason.

I did the mod because my children understood not to play with the car to begin with.

Same for pets - no loungers.

The problem that I see with this mod (when referring to tech not safety or security) is the use of scotch-locks. They are headaches waiting to happen. I have mine wired like Wolfpackjeeper said by going into the fuse panel. I have also wired around the window lock switch as they are a common problem with the earlier ones by causing a slow window. It's not a big deal for me to be able to lock out others (until my kids grow up and stop listening to me LOL!)

I've done this mod.

I have read a lot of caution about it, principally for child safety. Nice idea, but it covers up the real problem - a responsible adult not being there to supervise them.

Please tell me when it's ok to let your children play unsupervised in any motor vehicle for whatever reason. And that those who do always place the parking brake on their manual trans vehicle? That children climbing on a dew covered roof are ok? Etc, etc.

I for one don't want small children hurt ever - but allowing them to play in my car is the first mistake in the chain. I don't allow it, period, for whatever reason.

I did the mod because my children understood not to play with the car to begin with.

Same for pets - no loungers.

shit happens im sure Mike Tyson never thought his daughter would choke on the SAFETY cord of the treadmill. Its a shame YOU werent there to teach her to know better

Back