• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension issue??can't figure out!!!!help!

stromxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,sorry in advance for the long email. It all started after a wheeling trip. The (92xj)rig leaned to the passenger side about 4-6 inches. (Rig is on 37's, 8"alcan leafs, rig is plated with 3"angle iron, interior cage tied to rock rails) i took it to a continental frame shop and had the unibody straightened, thinking this would solve my leaning issue. It did not-Since the leaf on the passenger side looked like it was flattened and 1 shackle was much further back then the other one, i took the leaf pack, had it re-arched. I put the leafs back on and the exact same issue-passenger leaf looks flat and shackle on one side is much further back. One issue i have had is that the Alcan leaf pack was so soft that i was having problems with the shackle inverting. I tried multiple shackles including a boomerang style. Also, one problem i have been having this whole time is when i go around corners, the front end would dive, the rear shackle would stand straight up causing this very scarry lean. I then tried to swap out BDS 5"leaf pack and i still have the lean, not as bad, no shackle inversion. About ready to give up... So my guesses: I recently went from 4.56 gears to 5.13 and the torque causing this lean? I think this because the BDS had the (s-wave) axle wrap after one moab trip which also looked like the Alcan's in the same spot. Another potential issue is maybe a heim joint on the hi-steer, or one wheel is turning further to one direction than the other one?
Ok, so that is what i can describe. Anyone gone down this road? Anyone? Bueller? Don't be shy!:confused1 Thanks everyone, and anyone! Chris Strom

pics of all 4 corners of suspenion please. might help us help you out in this case

Back