• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water spray

mikie2084

NAXJA Forum User
About two years ago I had an overheating issue. After replacing just about everything in the cooling and doing many flushes today I get spray coming from somewhere in the engine compartment. It only happened before the thermostat opened, and was coming of the engine fan. I replaced the thermostat, hoses, radiator, water pump, and serpintine belt 2yrs ago,water pump being the cause of the overheating. What is it now? Im sure the heater core needs replacing, my heat barely works after the many flushings, and now I have what looks like mud in the coolant again.

I have an all copper radiator that I bought at the time it was overheating, just want the mud and spray problem completely fixed before i install it.

Usually, not always, leaks that hit the fan are coming from the radiator area.

Rent a pressure tester to determine the source of the leak.

Usually, not always, leaks that hit the fan are coming from the radiator area.

Rent a pressure tester to determine the source of the leak.

x2.

Also on your heater core try this before you replace it. Disconnect the hoses from the engine. Drain as much coolant as possible. Fill the heater core with 100% white vinegar and plug the lines so it doesn't leak. Let is sit over night then flush with a hose several times.

x2.

Also on your heater core try this before you replace it. Disconnect the hoses from the engine. Drain as much coolant as possible. Fill the heater core with 100% white vinegar and plug the lines so it doesn't leak. Let is sit over night then flush with a hose several times.

x2, and when you flush don't use a lot of pressure unless you like wet floorboards, and start the flush putting pressure to the outlet first, then alternate back and forth.

Thanks for the replies guys. I flushed the motor with prestone 7hr flush and used distilled white vinegar at the time it was overheating. Everything ran crystal clear and now it looks the same again.

did you have any of these problems before you started flushing? If not, then maybe your bottom hose has not been connected up properly or worked loose from the block end? Also if your system has crud in it you will need to flush THROUGH the block, through the core, through the radiator in both directions so id pop out the thermostat enabling you to do this.

Back