• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proposed closure of 200+ CA State Parks! *URGENT*

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Arnold and these politicians are really starting to piss me off!
mad.gif

Please read the email that I just received (below). Then please follow the link and give them a piece of your mind!

Billy

Dear Billy,

Here we go again! Last year, you were one of more than 50,000 Californians who supported the Save Our State Parks campaign and helped stopped the closure of 48 state parks. I’m writing to you because we need your help again, and urgently.

Just this week, the Governor announced a new proposal to eliminate state funding for our state park system – which will close over 200 state parks. His proposal to cut $143 million from our state parks is 10 times worse than last year's proposal. CSPF is kicking off the Save Our State Parks campaign again, and we need your help to take action TODAY and tell the Governor and your state legislators that gutting funding to state parks is unacceptable.

Next Tuesday, June 2, the Legislature's Budget Conference Committee will consider this proposal. Right now, state park advocates need to make their voices heard and your contact to your legislators is critical. Please take action TODAY and tell them to reject the proposal and save our state parks.

With your help, CSPF will be leading the fight against this proposal to make sure that all state parks stay open and funded. Thank you for your help and please pass this message along to your friends and other park supporters for their action, too.

Thank you.
Elizabeth Goldstein
President, CSPF

Done!

Wait a moment here people.......did any of you vote last Tuesday?

What did you think was going to happen?

I'm looking for a link listing the proposed park closures....is there one?

Where is the money to run the state going to come from?
Lets face it, we lived (they ran) California well above our (thier) means, and now
its going to bite us in the butt. Less fire fighters, less sheriffs, CHP, less teachers, less
state parks.
Nobody wants to see the cuts made, but, once again, where is the money going to come from?
Think of your own household budget, if you don't have any money, what do you cut?

Just sayin'.......

Last edited:
damn guys I never heard of anything like that happening, in PA you cant really wheel in any state parks but, I visit alot of them regularly, I would be pissed if someone pulled the plug on them? what the hell?

Wait a moment here people.......did any of you vote last Tuesday?

What did you think was going to happen?

I'm looking for a link listing the proposed park closures....is there one?

Where is the money to run the state going to come from?
Lets face it, we lived (they ran) California well above our (thier) means, and now
its going to bite us in the butt. Less fire fighters, less sheriffs, CHP, less teachers, less
state parks.
Nobody wants to see the cuts made, but, once again, where is the money going to come from?
Think of your own household budget, if you don't have any money, what do you cut?

Just sayin'.......

Sorry to say but I agree. I voted against the bs last week and My wife is losing her teaching job after $10K+ plus in debt from the schooling to get the damn job.
This state is F-ed and i'm sick of paying for all the freebies for everyone that has their hand out. Only way to start fixing it is to make it hurt and unfortunately it is going to hurt everyone.
just sayin'.....

The problem is that the cuts won't be made where they need to be made first.

Freebies and welfare should become sharply limited.
State employees? There are too many of them - give them three months' severance and make them go do something productive for a living. (At all levels, not just the state...)
Elected officials? If they were paid according to quality of work, they would have to pay us for permission to work. Their pay can be cut (considering the budget fiasco we were recently saddled with, they honestly shouldn't have been getting paid to begin with.)

I find it interesting that someone was punditing about an idea I've had for years - split CA into four states, and they even did it along similar lines to what I've been saying!

For me, it was SF/LA/NorCal/SoCal.

For them, it was SF/LA/SD/Central Valley.

Oh - and as far as "living beyond their means?" Every time some new tax increase or bond measure came up, I voted against it (they get enough out of us, and bond measures invariably run heavily over budget.) Anything to improve infrastructure? I would heavily evaluate the utility of such measure - and ended up voting against most of those as well (no significant improvement for dollars spent.) I know you can't get something for nothing, and would vote accordingly. I was probably the only one to do so (either they'd want to "improve" things - which takes more money than they were getting for dubious utility - or they'd just want more money coming in - when they were already wasting what they were getting.) The first level in any organisation to take a cut in compensation should be the leadership - to lead by example. They're wasting their money, which is why they won't take any less. They're wasting our money, which is why they always want more. It's been a series of bad decisions all around.

How do you effectively get people involved? People are like frogs in a cookpot, they don't realize their screwed until they're stewed. If people all the sudden got involved on a grand scale and demanded the government be cut back to essential services only, the politicians would have no choice but to do it and the budget crisis could be resolved in a couple of years. But no, people just sit there and take it year after year, and even vote for bond measures that will screw us all for many years to come. Do people not realize these bonds are payed back with interest from the general fund? WTF?

Indeed... modern americans (myself included) are not the grand people who founded and shaped our country...

That is an inaccurate assessment.

Don't believe it either. There are many who are passionate about thier beliefs on how our country and state should be run. Unfortunately many of them just don't believe that I am right and they are wrong!!

Dumb asses....

:D

Most definitely did this. I was going to contribute as well, but they don't take PayPal. I'll have to check my bank to see if I have the 25.00 LOL!

Get on board, folks!

:)

When one of these jerkoffs gets rear-ended by an "Undocumented Worker" (puke, it's an illegal immigrant) and they try to hand them a fifty dollar bill for the damage because they do not have insurance, we'll see how important the state park funding is to them... this is ridiculous.

FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU MORONS! Don't simply attack and eliminate random, odd things because nobody has the stones to step up and say what is actually wrong with the state. Namely, the freebies and welfare mentioned before. I'm no politician, but I DO know that free rides for lazy morons HAS to cost more than paying Rangers at state parks. Jeez...

Last edited:
Back