• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grand cherokee steering swap

1990JEEPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
so i got my front end aligned today and all my TREs are bad; the one at the pitman arm, the one connecting the tie rod and draglink are the worst causing visible play using my hands to turn the wheels. so i figure i will pony up and upgrade to the GC set up. now since im replacing the TREs i might as well do the draglink i figure. so heres a list i have come up with, if im missing something please let me know

the tie rod PN DS1312
the adj sleeve PN ES2079S
the drivers side TRE PN ES3096
the pitman arm TRE PN ES2222
the draglink PN DS1046.

sound like a good plan? its $130 for all new parts from autozone, which share moog part #'s

Just FYI the Drag link is the same in Xj and ZJ's the only differance is the Tie rod end from the drag link to the drivers wheel. Its beefier and solid versus hollow. Good Luck.

If you werent on the otherside of the country I would sell you my like new steering I just took off my 5.9. less than 8k miles on it.

Just FYI the Drag link is the same in Xj and ZJ's the only differance is the Tie rod end from the drag link to the drivers wheel. Its beefier and solid versus hollow. Good Luck.

i know but i figure if the TRE's are shot and need to be replaced i might as well replace them all. the only way to replace the passenger side TRE on the draglink is to replace the whole thing

Back