• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help a ZJ guy out with an HP 30 question

GreenZJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive searched your forums and cant find an answer. I read through all the FAQ's on the D30 too. I am in desperate need of an HP30 with 3.73 gears. What package did this axle come in? All I can seem to find are 3.55's! Please help me Hasta

Don't think it did except for maybe a towing package. Maybe the older XJs from the 2.8V6 era. but then you get the smaller shafts/joints.

Also, OEM tech is your friend for this question.

Most early V6 equipped XJ and alot of the 4cyl's came with 3:73's. If you find a upull with a dozen or so Cherokee's i'd be willing to bet at least 2 have 3;73's.

So from what I read those early equipped ones would also be vacuum disco correct?

Do you need the whole axle or just the Ring/pinion/carrier?

"Dana 30 high pinion - reverse cut - 27 spline, 1.16" diameter shafts, 7.13" ring gear - used 84-99 (some axles through 91 are vacuum disconnect, 92+ are non-disconnect, 89-95 with ABS have 5-297x u-joints, all 95+ have 5-297x u-joints, all others have 5-260x u-joints)"

I just picked up a 3.55 HP30, If you have everything to do a 3.73 swap Pm me.

No. I was just asking if you needed the whole axle or not. I did the change from 3.07 to 3.73 earlier.

I found the D30 ring and pinion in the "want to buy" forum on NAXJA, and got the carrier of a guy on eBay.

Good luck with your project.

No. I was just asking if you needed the whole axle or not. I did the change from 3.07 to 3.73 earlier.

I found the D30 ring and pinion in the "want to buy" forum on NAXJA, and got the carrier of a guy on eBay.

Good luck with your project.
Oh, thanks for the help man. I found a 3.73 gear set for 65 shipped and Ive got the carrier already in my Low Pinion 30 I can reuse. Im debating on just regearing my 30 and 8.8 to 4.56 now. Money is just a little tight, as always with most

Back