• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to adjust doors ?

speedyp

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I have been searching and can't find the answer I am looking for.

Yesterday I took the door off to replace a rocker pannel. When I put the door back on, it is a little miss aligned. It will close but it sits a little lower.

What is the procedure to adjust a door ?

thanks in advance...

Loosen the bolts at the hinges, move the door as needed, and re-tighten the bolts. The latch striker plate in the door frame can be adjusted also.

The hinges are not a slot type and it seems the is not much room to move arround. The hinges have just have holes and not slot to move up or down.

the holes the hinge bolts to on the door are not really attached to the door perse. You loosen the door up just enough so that mild force will move it. shut the door and shift as needed, then carefully open the door keeping as much weight off the hinge as possible so it does not shift on you. Then tighten the bolts up once you can reach them.

Back