• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No More Turdy Five!!!!

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
I just swapped out my Dana 35 with a 29 spline 8.25. Im so excited that I dont have that POS under my Jeep any more!

Also while we were at it we took out the rear sway bar.

Thanks Paul and Mike for help with the swap! And thanks to SPXJ for selling me the 8.25.

Next up: Custome Sliders, Bigger lift, Install the SYE I bought and get some bigger tires.

No worries homie. Any idiot lights yet?

how easy/hard was to do this swap? im getting ready to swap a dana 44 into mine. Just waiting on my locker thats on its way.

Nice job.

There was a guy out on Gold Mt. last weekend that broke a 35 on the trail...damn near impossible to fix there. Although the 8.25 is still a c-clip axle, it is much much stronger.

Nice job.

There was a guy out on Gold Mt. last weekend that broke a 35 on the trail...damn near impossible to fix there. Although the 8.25 is still a c-clip axle, it is much much stronger.

yeah, we drove right past him as none of us had any turdy5 spares. sucks!

how easy/hard was to do this swap? im getting ready to swap a dana 44 into mine. Just waiting on my locker thats on its way.

Its real easy... Unbolt old axle, Bolt in new one.

ha! well since its soo easy we are gonn ahave to do it at your place :p

Just let me know when... Do you wanna do it before the BB trip on the 12th-14th?

It took us about 3 hours to get r done, Thats taking the old one out putting the new one in rebuilding the brakes and bleeding them, then clean up.

Just let me know when... Do you wanna do it before the BB trip on the 12th-14th?
yeah, hows about the weekend of the 6th and 7th???? that would work perfect!
It took us about 3 hours to get r done, Thats taking the old one out putting the new one in rebuilding the brakes and bleeding them, then clean up.

sh@t, with my luck it will take 6 hours...:p

Most of the parts stores sell the u bolts some will say that they arent any good and their weak. I've used them and never had a problem. I just cant see paying 12 bucks a piece for a u bolt.

I re-used the U-bolts but they were pretty new from the previous owner. I was actually surprised at how easy it was. Of course I had help from 2 (1 and a half?) people who have experience with this sort of thing.

I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff but this was really a straight forward swap.

Most of the parts stores sell the u bolts some will say that they arent any good and their weak. I've used them and never had a problem. I just cant see paying 12 bucks a piece for a u bolt.
I tried to use a set of u-bolts I bought at Pep Boys and the nuts stripped at less than the recommended torque. I will gladly pay $12 for good u-bolts. Just my experience though, other stores may have better bolts.

Dude, it was a total cakewalk!!!

In fact it only took enough time for me to drink a polygamy porter, some kind of mormon lager, and two sierra nevadas. =) Well I left early, but I had to get to a class, and they were almost done. =)

Back