• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disk Swap Write-Up?

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry, but I know there used to be a decent write-up for zj rear disk brakes for the 8.25. Someone point me in the right direction? I spent a good chunk of time at work looking for it. TIA.

It appears that bleeding the brakes in his set up might be a little tricky unless I'm not understanding something there.

thats the same way i did it... bleeding the brakes was the same as bleeding any other disc brake, the bleeder isnt hard to get to or anything

I read up on the two links posted. The ZJ swap seems to be very easy but neither mentioned anything about upgrading the master cylinder. Will the factory master cylinder work with a disc/disc setup even though it was made for a disc/drum? Should Is their a better master cylinder to use?

Thanks to all, now just to find a pick n pull that has a zj with a rear axle so I can get backing plates and calipers for core exchange. If you have a 95+ (?) you have the "good" master cylinder, the master will work, just to work ideally you want the portioning block out of the zj as well.

Back