• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which tire should I buy tomorrow

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
tomorrow I buy tires at discount tire. 1064 mounted and balanced with tax and lifetime no questions asked repacement warranty on either the bfgoodrich km2's or the the design goodyear wrangler mtr's. Which do I buy?????

one brother runs 33" km2's the other brother runs the new Mt/R in 33", Both love them and dont regret their decision one bit.

I think they both are comparable. you will be happy either way

From all the reviews I did, the KM2 has an awesome dry traction, but terrible snow grip. If you physically look at both tires, you will see the KM2 has a more flat surface, where the MT/R Kevlar has good factory siping(spelling?). I chose the MT/R Kevlar for this reason. I live and drive in the NW and when the snow hit us last winter, my vehicle was it for my entire family. I rely heavily on a good tire for extreme everyday use. I looked at the KM2 as a good dry tire, but if snow hit, I would have to buy snow chains. The only down-fall to the Kevlar tire, the white letters must be on the outside. Other than that, the Kevlars performed beautifully last weekend.

From all the reviews I did, the KM2 has an awesome dry traction, but terrible snow grip. If you physically look at both tires, you will see the KM2 has a more flat surface, where the MT/R Kevlar has good factory siping(spelling?). I chose the MT/R Kevlar for this reason. I live and drive in the NW and when the snow hit us last winter, my vehicle was it for my entire family. I rely heavily on a good tire for extreme everyday use. I looked at the KM2 as a good dry tire, but if snow hit, I would have to buy snow chains. The only down-fall to the Kevlar tire, the white letters must be on the outside. Other than that, the Kevlars performed beautifully last weekend.

I think IXNAYXJ was saying something about someone at Goodyear telling him they can be put on backwards and it really doesn't affect anything.

Somebody asked this question a week ago in this thread. My response:

I had very high hopes for the BFGoodrich KM2 when it came out and planned on getting a set. Before I could justify it, a couple people I know got them and I got to see them on the trail. There is no question they're a great tire, not as good in the snow as the TrXus, but slightly better on rocks. Mostly a wash in my mind; where I really cared was the sidewall strength, something the KM2 promised to have in spades. I have not been impressed, however, seeing them on the trail. I've seen plenty tear the guts out of the sidewall.

The new Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar is a relative unknown, not to be confused with the old school MT/R. I've now put almost 5000 miles on a set and I have to say, that in my opinion, it is the best all around M/T currently available. Good on the road, good in the snow (again, not up to TrXus standards), amazing in the rocks, very good on muddy sloppy PNW trails and finally a sidewall that I can't break. A significantly better tire, IMHO.

310.jpg

-----Matt-----

good thing is I have no questions asked free replacements unless its a crime.
What is a good street psi for these for maximum life???
While that warranty is cool, it doesn't do shit for you if you're on the trail. ;)

Are those 35's? I ran 28-30 psi depending on the driving, but any higher and you start to wear the center of the tire more.

-----Matt-----

i dont think you will regret them. Km2's are a Great tire.

when the money and time comes, im still torn between Km2's/new MT'R/Thornbirds;)

35 x 12.50's. I asked the guy if I put a big whole in a tire on the trail would the warranty cover it and he said absolutely.... this is at america's tire so I hope they dont lie to horribly being a reputible buisness.

35 x 12.50's. I asked the guy if I put a big whole in a tire on the trail would the warranty cover it and he said absolutely.... this is at america's tire so I hope they dont lie to horribly being a reputible buisness.

I have a buddy that works there, He said that everything is covered except vandalism. BTW I got mine for 765 with Certs. :shhh: from Americas Tires.:yelclap:

Back