• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gorman day trip this weekend.

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
Im pretty sure im going to do a day trip to gorman this weekend either run miller jeep trail or just mess around on the man made obstacles,and some of the other trails in the area.

Im going with a Buddie who just got a wrangler and this will be his first time wheeling, so ill be showing him the ropes, hes on 31s open/open.

Let me know if your interested either sat or sunday we havnt made up our minds yet.

jesse

I was going to try and run Miller this Saturday with a friend. I have never been but he has. Will Sat morning work for you?

I was going to try and run Miller this Saturday with a friend. I have never been but he has. Will Sat morning work for you?

Ya i think so ill ask my other Buddie, i have done it before he has never been wheeling at all, what will you guys be going in what are the specs?

Maybe. Was thinkin about going camping this weekend.

Miller Jeep Trail is closed till augest. Call the ranger station before you go up, They told me that some lumber company bought all the burned trees that were left up there and would not be cleared out till late augest.

Went to do Miller Trail and they have a gate closing off the trail, the ranger said that there is still alot to clear out before opening it back up, but said it should be open before August.

thanks for the info, there is still a lot to do in gorman ill still be there, would like to meet some new people.

thanks for the info, there is still a lot to do in gorman ill still be there, would like to meet some new people.

Its on the 5 freeway near lake pyramid lake.
hmmm... ill look it up.

looks like its about 1 hour from los angeles.

i have 31's and locked in the front. How difficult are these trails? saturday sounds good. but ill be certain by friday. Would be cool to wheel with you guys.

Last edited:
ya its cool for sure there are some man made rock hill climbs that are kind of fun, a lot of hill climbs some crazy switchbacks that will make you teeter but not that crazy for the most part. a wrangler open/open will be going on 31s

ya its cool for sure there are some man made rock hill climbs that are kind of fun, a lot of hill climbs some crazy switchbacks that will make you teeter but not that crazy for the most part. a wrangler open/open will be going on 31s

what time did you guys plan on meeting up? saturday works for me. just drive up and wheel and come back right?

Ya that's what i plan i doing its only 45mins for us ill talk to my buddie tomorrow and ill let you know on the time....hope you can make it!

well simi valley is mabye 20 mins on a clear sat morning from los angeles so let me know where you wanna meet up. maybe @ that MC donalds right after the 405 and 5 fwys meet.

So were going to be leaving simi valley around 800am, probably getting to castaic carls jr at 845, then leaving there about 915, you can meet us at carls jr.. or gorman entrance at 930ish
jesse

eight 0 five 4 three three 36 four three

So were going to be leaving simi valley around 800am, probably getting to castaic carls jr at 845, then leaving there about 915, you can meet us at carls jr.. or gorman entrance at 930ish
jesse

eight 0 five 4 three three 36 four three

sweet! so who's coming along? Its me and my 6 year old son and maybe the GF. Not sure.

Back