• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Guru's! '01 Cruise ?

mudpuddle

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the challenge. I noticed my cruise control stopped working suddenly. Hmmm. Checked fuses, vacuum = >15"Hg, all three brake switch circuits and steering wheel switches through the PCM = OK. On my way to purchase servo and I notice the brake tap won't bring the tranny out of lock up, where it would have before. Could they be related, and would the servo failure cause the TCM not to release the converter lockup?

mudpuddle said:
Here's the challenge. I noticed my cruise control stopped working suddenly. Hmmm. Checked fuses, vacuum = >15"Hg, all three brake switch circuits and steering wheel switches through the PCM = OK. On my way to purchase servo and I notice the brake tap won't bring the tranny out of lock up, where it would have before. Could they be related, and would the servo failure cause the TCM not to release the converter lockup?

I remember fixing a GM car where the brake switch signal ckt tied into both the cruise control and the PCM for the TCC lockup to be commanded off. This is probably a vaguely standard way of wiring vehicles with cruise/TCC. Sounds like you are in the right direction. My 99 factory service manual is in the mail as they say, so I cant be of more help-

Back