• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Questions

Is there such a things as a 3 inch lift or heck 2 inch that uses new rear leafs for under 500? I want to lift my 96 and have to keep the stock tires a little longer so 2-3 inches is what I want. Just with the age of the stock leafs I figure it was time to replace them

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-300SP-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Not the best but under $500 Price: $438.00

Up to 3"s of lift, you can still use stock control arms.

It is better to go as high as you can with as much money you have. Many people have used 3"s as a starting point, added 2" spacers and 2" shackles to reach 5"s of lift. They would of had to get Adjustable Upper and Lower Control Arms, a Drop Pitman, an Adjustable Track Bar, Quick Disconnects, Extended Brake Lines, 3"+2 Shocks, Transfer Case Drop Kit, and depending on how much vibration they have in the driveline... a SYE and Driveshaft. I know many people who run at 4.5" and 5" without a SYE.

Just my .02 BTW: Rusty's is a Sponsor on here.

Last edited:
check with the sponsors of this website, Rough Country comes to mind first. They are excellent people to order from, just ask for Jason when you call. He is well known on this site. He will help you out.

i used 3in front coils and doubled the isolators for 3.5 in of lift up front with 2in shackels in the rear and air shocks in the rear (yes the air shox are not the right way to lift but i need them to pull my trailer) im workin on bast-pack for the rear to take some weight off shox. but for now it looks great and handels really well

79 for air shocks 60 for shackels and like 129 for front coils (but i got dearth wobble bad and had to get adj track bar)still under 500 bucks and that includes my new adjustable lca

Back