• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

forged d44

olblew

NAXJA Forum User
i recently picked up a d44 front end out of a 78 brocon. the only problem is that it is forged i am wondering if there are any conversion kits out there or is there any write ups on what to do. or should i stuff it under my other brocon and buy a non forged d44. i planned stay full sized and to use the 9" rear end out of the brocon and this frontend but this forged thing is kinda screwin with me cause i cant find anything on converting the forged axle. i cant believe that no one has made somthing that clamps onto the forged wedges

I don't remember exactly who, I only met him once and I'm real bad with names, but there is someone here in the Midwest chapter who I saw running that axle with brackets just welded on top of the wedges. Can't vouch for the strength and don't know who did it, but I have seen it done.

Better yet sell it and buy a 77 or earlier with welded wedges, they come off real easy. Just my opinion though.

Back